Answered By: Allie Thome Last Updated: Jan 16, 2024 Views: 15
The library provides access to NYTimes.com. All Columbia faculty, students, and staff can create an account to get started. Once you've created your account, login to NYTimes.com on any device to access articles, podcasts, videos, and more.
Instructions for creating an accont:
- Visit the Columbia College Library NYT Group Pass website
- If you are off campus you will be prompted to log in with your Columbia credentials.
- Select “Create an Account."
- Create a personal account using your Columbia email address (@colum.edu)
- You will receive a welcome email. You must click the confirmation link in the email to complete this process.
Things to know:
- You will be asked to select whether you are a student or faculty/staff when you activate your account.
- Student accounts are active through your graduation year
- Faculty/Staff accounts are active for 4 years
- If your account expires, you can reactivate it by visiting the Columbia College Library NYT Group Pass website.
- Once you've created an account, you can use it to log into NYTimes.com and The New York Times app from any location on any device.
- Our subscription does not include access to The New York Times crossword or cooking apps.
- If you already have a NYT account (free or paid) tied to your Columbia email, you may need to unlink your Columbia email from that account before signing up for Columbia's access.
- If you need additional assistance, please contact us via Ask-a-Librarian chat or email.